Office Features and Benefits
Your customers rely on you for more than just your great service. Most of all, they expect that you handle them with the attention and care that won their trust in the first place. We build professional phone systems for businesses of all shapes and sizes with the critical features that ensure your customers’ trust will always be well-placed. Never-busy phone lines, automated greetings, advanced transferring, recording, call-forwarding, and many more features are included with every VirtualPBX business telephone system. Between the simplicity of our web-based management and the confidence of multiple redundancies, you can rest easy knowing that your customers can reach you whenever they need you. Take a look at our features listed below to get started.
System Configuration & Management
Only VirtualPBX offers the industry standard for reliability, scalability, availability, and ease-of-use regardless of your business size.
- Central Business NumberWith VirtualPBX, you can present a unified company image under one central telephone number. All of your employees-whether in a central office, branch offices, home offices, or traveling-are reachable through your main number. Learn More
- Mail Only ExtensionsEvery extension can be designated as a “Live Extension” able to take calls, or a “Mail-Only Extension” designed to receive voicemail only. Learn More
- Easy Web-Based ManagementTo help make system configuration easy, we provide a graphical, web-based tool, accessible from any web browser. Administrators have complete access to oversee, change, and monitor all system functions.
- Multiple NumbersWhile having a single incoming business number gives your business a unified presence, it can be very useful to have multiple incoming business numbers. Learn More
- No Busy SignalsMany companies find that they need to add more phone lines to keep their system from ringing busy when call traffic is high. Calls placed to your business through VirtualPBX are answered by our phone system, where we have hundreds of lines and never ring busy. Learn More
- Mission-Critical Fault ToleranceThe VirtualPBX system incorporates “n+1” redundancy with automatic failover throughout the system to assure minimum downtime. When we have a component failure, that part of the system is automatically isolated and removed from use, and calls are instantly rolled over to working equipment. Learn More
- Comprehensive Data SecurityEvery call to your VirtualPBX number is routed through our datacenter. Our hardware and software technology individually routes every call, providing special safety features included with our service. As the hub for all communications we make sure that it’s completely protected. Learn More
Dispersed workforces are cost-effective for companies that balance them with freedom and support.
- Multiple Phone-Type Freedom Unlike traditional, on-site PBX systems, VirtualPBX’s cloud-based platform allows you to connect calls to any device on Earth so getting connected is easier than ever. Learn More
- Virtual ExtensionsTraveling with just the login information for their specific extension, an employee can activate that same extension anywhere in the world. Learn More
- Follow-Me CallingProgram an office phone to cascade down through up to four different numbers to reach an employee when they are out of the office. Learn More
- Advanced TransfersEven with a dispersed workforce that can cover thousands of miles, transferring calls is no problem. Unencumbered by the antiquated copper-wire telephones of a physical PBX system, VirtualPBX can transfer calls to any other line in the system network, regardless of location. Learn More
- GeoRouteEspecially valuable for franchises, GeoRoute automatically directs calls into the nearest business location to them based on the area code of the inbound number. Learn More
- SelectRouteThe ultimate in customizable routing, SelectRoute allows callers to route themselves by any numeric identifier you choose up to 9-digits. Anything from product numbers to zipcodes and anything between can be designate where a caller is directed. Learn More
- Mail-Only ExtensionsNo time to take a call on a particular topic? Setting up a mail-only extension gives your customers an avenue during inopportune times for you and your team members to answer. Learn More
- Day and Night ModesDifferent staff at night? No problem. With Day & Night modes, you can set automatic changes in call answering, routing, and messaging to coincide with the clock. Learn More
How you greet your customers is just as important as how you take care of them once they’ve arrived. That begins with call answering options.
- Configurable Call PreviewWhat information do your employees need to know to make their life easier and your customer’s experience better? Program calls to display relevant, helpful information before answering to set them up for success. Learn More
- Call ScreeningAsking callers to speak their name will allow for your employees to know who is on the line before deciding to answer. Learn More
- Do-Not-DisturbYou know what the sign on the door means, respect your employees’ time off and keep all outside distractions outside when they need to be. Learn More
- Auto-AttendantSaving you time and money, this virtual assistant can be programmed to replicate nearly all of the same functions as a human attendant, directing callers to departments. Learn More
- Music/Info on HoldWith hundreds of music selection to choose from in the VirtualPBX Jukebox, you’ll never run out of on-hold music options. Don’t worry, though, because if you did, you can still upload any of your own music, as well. Learn More
- Automated DirectoryThis is a way to help your callers find someone specific when they don’t have that employee’s extension on hand. Learn More
- Direct Inward Dial (DID)Have inbound callers reach the extension of any line you choose to designate. When callers go quickly from dialing to talking to the right person, that person goes to transaction much more quickly, too.
Utilize the display functions on your phones to provide useful information on incoming callers and control your outward facing credentials.
- Incoming Calls
- Circumnavigate blocked call anonymity and still know the origin of all incoming calls, regardless of masking attempts
- Always display the dialed number and extension of the incoming call to know where it specifically was intended to go
- Outgoing Calls
- Control your outbound numbers to be that of the public-facing number of your company or rather the number of the actual extension from which it was dialed
- Use personal phones on private lines and route them through your VirtualPBX service to let SmartID conceal your private contact information.
- SmartID ManagementManage, monitor, and control all of these features from the convenience of anywhere you happen to be where there is internet access. Learn More
You never get a second chance to make a first impression. Respond to changes in your industry, community, and business by controlling your company’s recorded messages.
Whether for quality assurance or for regulatory compliance issues, Call Recording is easy and inexpensive.
Voicemail and Online Fax
While on the move, busy professionals can’t make every meeting or answer every call. Consequently, comprehensive message retrieval options ensure you always get the message.
- Never Full MailboxesIf you get the message, we’ll hold onto it until you’ve heard it. Waiting to check messages will never mean losing one or missing a call again. Learn More
- Centralized MessagingMultiple lines are no problem when you can send all of your messages to one, easy to access platform. Learn More
- Voicemail InterruptWelcome back to the good old days of screening your phone calls. You can listen to messages while they’re being recorded and also jump in at any time if you need to. Learn More
- Personal GreetingsJust like every aspect of the VirtualPBX system, you can record, upload, order, and manage the greetings to your voicemail from almost anywhere. Learn More
- Message NotificationsWhenever you get a message you can opt for notifications via text, email, voicemail audio recordings, and smoke signals. Well, maybe not the smoke signals, but we’ll see what we can do. Learn More
- Paperless FaxEvery VirtualPBX plan comes with internet fax service fully integrated into the line – no need for a physical machine. All of the functionality of a fax machine without any of the cost of bulky physical equipment, additional phone lines, or extra charges. Learn More
- Fax Viewing OptionsYou’re on the road, you can’t stop and print out everything that comes across your desk. Consequently, viewing, storing, and saving frequently faxed documents of faxes online is easy with your VirtualPBX account. Learn More
Expediting callers through your phone system is the best way to make sure they stay engaged and remain on the line. TrueACD Queues from VirtualPBX assist callers who know what they want, but not who can help them by organizing agents departmentally.
Queuing Logic: Using any one of these could be just right for your business, but you can also allow for redundancies and edits at any time, day or night.
- Even Load DistributionDon’t let simple first-in-first-out govern who gets hit with the most calls, set a standard distributive rhythm to the inbound traffic and keep all your workers on the same page. Learn More
- Skills-Based Call RoutingPut your stars in the game when you need them and keep your trainees fresh as they adjust with Skills-Based Routing. Learn More
- Overflow QueuesIf you have one department getting hammered and there are shared skills elsewhere in the company, you can call on those individuals automatically to help out. Learn More
- Protected QueuesPassword protected queues can provide VIP access to key accounts or simply an accelerated avenue to a particular service somewhere in your company. Learn More
Queue Management: With all of the traffic coming through your phone system, keeping informed and having access to make changes as they become necessary is critical.
- Advanced Queue Admin & Self-Managed Agent PresenceWith an intelligent agent portal, companies can prescribe what functions admins have access to and can allow agents to log themselves in and out of the system. System admins can add and subtract access to any agent on the fly as their responsibilities grow. Learn More
- Realtime MonitoringAlways know what’s going on from anywhere in the world. Who is logged in, how many calls in the queue, wait time, and everything else you need to know to keep your company on track are available as it happens. Learn More
- Queue LogsSeeing things as they happen is important, but so is understanding why they happened after the fact. As a result, historical call and queue data is available any time you want from a web portal. Learn More
- Agent Wrap-Up TimeNotations are difficult to complete while giving a caller full attention. Agent wrap-up time allows for a window between each call that you can arrange for agents to finish their CRM input while also preparing for another caller. Learn More
- Call-Waiting SignalsWhen the call-waiting line begins to back up, or if the wait time reaches a specified duration, you can program the system to notify the agent with a tone the inbound caller can’t hear. This indicates it is time to seek a resolution to the current call while keeping a professional image. Learn More
- Virtual Office/Call CenterAll of these features ultimately serve to provide the zenith of personal freedom to running your business. Saving enormous amounts of money by having a distributed or at-home call center workforce is a possibility with VirtualPBX. Learn More
Don’t outsource one of the best ways to maximize time across time zones. VirtualPBX lets you host your own advanced teleconferences so now you can take control of the meeting even before it starts.
- Free Conference MinutesEach VirtualPBX plan has conference minutes included. Pick the one that is right for your needs and you also have the ability to change it as you need. Learn More
- On Demand ConferenceNo need to schedule time with a third-party conference provider and get an expiring passcode. When you use VirtualPBX Conferencing features, you can call a meeting anytime you need it. Learn More
- Conference ManagementWith the online management portal, you decide which extensions would be able to host/attend conferences. You can also choose what types of security access (if any) will be required and monitor past and ongoing conferences in real time. Learn More
Would you believe that there is even more? The reality is there will always be more features coming because we don’t like to stop moving forward.
- Call BlockingOne of the least commonly used features, call blocking is also the last of your features that you want to fail. Fast, secure, and reliable call blocking from VirtualPBX is simple and effective. Just what you want to hear when you need to use it. Learn More
- Dynamic Operator AssignmentToggle the designation of who is the current operator or admin, all from the convenience of the online web management system. Learn More
- Web Callback Routing all your calls through an internet connection while you’re traveling is one of the easiest cost-saving tricks available. Learn More
- Virtual Calling CardSave money on overhead by placing calls from your own toll-free phone number. Learn More
- Realtime Monitoring & ReportingAll seamlessly designed and available from the web, access on-going and historical information immediately. Check on call activity, callers waiting, employee phone activity, and more features. Learn More
- Multi-Stage DialingSimilar to leveraging our tools for franchises, multi-stage dialing can provide a single outlet for a company with multiple businesses to all be housed under one virtual roof. Learn More
Find Out What the Buzz is All About
Our telecommunications peers routinely honor us by highlighting our unwavering commitment to service as a standout in the hosted business communications industry. In fact, we have been one of the most stalwart holdouts in the offshoring of customer support and proudly base Customer Support in the same offices as our engineers in Silicon Valley. In addition, you can always count on them to be available to you as a part of your VirtualPBX business phone system service agreement. So what are you waiting for? All of these features are the tools you need to boost your business communications to a new level. Most notably, you’ll also be saving money each month on these great features and having our telecom experts to support you along the way!