Hosted PBX vs. Standard PBX: Which Is Right for You?
Choosing a hosted PBX service vs. a standard PBX service depends greatly on the needs of your business. But how do you know which is right for you? Sometimes the choice is easy – for example, a hosted PBX service would make the most sense for a company with employees who work outside the main office; a company where all employees are located at the same office location may find that a standard PBX system is more beneficial. Below are more details to help you decide which service is best for you and your business.
A standard PBX system makes sense when:
- All employees are located at the same office
- The company doesn’t mind high up-front costs in order to receive the lowest possible monthly costs
- The company wants the cheapest solution available and capabilities are unimportant
- The business is larger
- Customers won’t benefit from a toll-free service
- The company is not likely to change in size
A hosted PBX service is the best choice when:
- Not all employees are located at the same location – some telecommute, work away from the main location, or need to be available outside of regular hours
- There is not a brick-and-mortar location – the company is virtual
- The business wants low up-front costs
- Customers would benefit from a toll-free service
- The business is smaller
- The company is likely to increase in size
- The business experiences a high number of incoming calls
- System reliability and fault tolerance are important
- The business would like to avoid dedicating employees to outsourcing for PBX support
- The business would like a complete set of features
A PBX service helps save your business money, as well as offers additional features that simply can’t be had with a traditional phone system. Still not sure which is right for you? Call VirtualPBX today at 1-888-825-0800 for more information on our hosted PBX service. We can help you decide what’s most beneficial for your business.