Posted on April 12, 2018 by Dan Quick
If you don’t know by now, you should probably read more of our blogs, but we’ve recently launched our first 4G LTG nationwide Mobile for Business feature, and it’s awesome. Not only can you use the latest phones with all of their bells and whistles for your business line, but unlike simply having a mobile carrier handle your business accounts, this is all metered, billed, and managed from your VirtualPBX business telephone service plan. That means that you won’t ever have to worry about expense reports clogging up your accounting department again, plus it means that the full host of advanced features that you expect from your VoIP business phone are also all available and compatible on your business mobile phones, too. But there’s one more aspect of Mobile for Business that’s worth noting, and that’s the ability to leverage traditional mobile features as part of your overall business communications strategy. That’s why we wanted to review some of our own favorite reasons to use texting for work on VirtualPBX Mobile for Business.
Texting for Work on VirtualPBX Mobile for Business
Before we begin with our top situations where texting for work is so great, we want to acknowledge the obvious elephant in the room of, of course, there are about a million different reasons to use texting. But to distill that reality down into a handful of relatable use cases, we’re sticking with just three today. You can feel free to tell us which ones we should have included on Facebook and Twitter, though, so keep them in mind and we can possibly add them to another list down the way. But without further ado, here are the best times to use texting for business.
- Appointment Information Texting updates to existing events is a valuable way to quickly disseminate vital information. Airlines can let travelers know about a gate change for connections, and as a business owner, you can send text messages to attendees of a meeting about room changes just as easily. Also, just simple reminders to clients about their appointments with you is a personable and effective way to stay engaged and front of mind, as well. The point is that never missing an appointment is just good business, and staying on top of that is easy with texting for business with VirtualPBX.
- Micro Conversations Just like we use texting in our personal lives to augment the communications between people, Mobile for Business can accomplish the same with texting for business. Whenever you need to send a quick update on a project or client or just offer a quick insight on any topic when a phone call may be too much, a quick text is the best way to go. This is because, unlike email, people tend to have a shorter response time to texting than email so these micro convos are ideally had over texting when they can also happen in a timely fashion.
- Under the RADAR Okay, this one can initially sound a little unscrupulous at first, but it doesn’t have to be done in a deceitful way. But, having the ability to quickly and discretely send a colleague a small note without interrupting a presentation or client meeting is actually invaluable. If there is new information that arises in a meeting that you have insight on but didn’t get to cover beforehand, if there is a discrepancy that needs to be noted or anything else that would be an inappropriate interruption to discuss but that still warrants a mention to your team is a candidate for using texting for business when you need to stay under the RADAR.
Getting Started Texting for Work on Dash
Even though Mobile for Business is one of the latest and most anticipated business telephone features we’ve rolled out in a while, it’s just the proverbial tip of the iceberg. All Dash Business Phone Plans include a cadre of advanced features and functions that far exceed whatever you’d be able to get from an on-site telephone option and they all come included with every plan from Basic to Unlimited. So what are you doing still having multiple telephone providers for your single business? It’s time you consolidated and saved at the same time all while boosting the performance of your business telephone with VirtualPBX, texting for business, and the unlimited flexibility and power of business VoIP!
Posted on April 10, 2018 by Dan Quick
Consumers are fleeing the costs of traditional cable television access in droves, and that trend has begun playing out in the business world, too. We’re tickled about that, frankly, as VoIP plans like the award-winning Dash Service represent a similar departure from the costly and cumbersome legacy business telephone systems of yore. And why wouldn’t they? Nothing is more scalable, affordable, or versatile in the world of telephony than a cloud-based telephone platform. And today with the introduction of our brand-new, proprietary, and totally free Web Phone, the switch to a cordless business operation is easier and more affordable than ever.
Using the Free Web Phone from VirtualPBX
Unlike softphones or other digital VoIP device facsimiles, the free Web Phone from VirtualPBX is based on open-sourced WebRTC (Web Real-Time Communications) technology, so it operates on code that is totally native to popular web browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. This also means that, just like those web browsers themselves, the VirtualPBX Web Phone is free, has zero licensing fees, and never requires downloads or maintenance on the part of the end user. The VirtualPBX Web Phone is no different than any other VoIP device in that it has all of the same advanced features that are expected from a modern cloud-based telephony product. Also, pooled minutes from an account will be drawn from no differently by using the Web Phone than they would with anything else.
Add a Free Web Phone To Dash
The process of adding a VirtualPBX Web Phone to a Dash Service Plan is just as simple as well. It can be added to a list of devices and selected for any user in just a matter of clicks. This means that whenever a business decides to switch to VoIP, it can literally be up and running and on the (web) phone within minutes. And because the VirtualPBX Web Phone is backed by the complete assurance that comes with 365 days a year of 24/7 access to the most awarded Customer Support Team in the industry, you’ll know that even the slightest challenges can be solved with a quick phone call. So what are you waiting for? It’s time to upgrade your VoIP experience and start using the free Web Phone today!
Posted on March 29, 2018 by Dan Quick
Like we’ve discussed in the past, sports often impact how Americans choose to work, or more commonly, not work. That’s why today, in recognition of the official opening of the Major League Baseball regular season, we’re focusing on the latest technology that fuels remote working, VirtualPBX’s new Mobile for Business feature. Specifically, we’ll be discussing the three most important reasons to use Mobile for Business on opening day, or any day afterward.
The 3 Reasons to Use Mobile for Business on Opening Day
While most, if not all, advances in telecommunications were likely not born out of need to spend more time goofing off at sporting events or sports bars, Mobile for Business on the award-winning Dash Service Plans from VirtualPBX may as well have been. That said, take a moment to realize that although these are uniquely advantageous benefits insofar as enjoying America’s pastime is concerned, they’re actually far more useful in the course of a regular workday, too. But without any further ado, because the first pitch won’t wait for anyone, here are the three reasons to use Mobile for Business.
- Caller ID Options By being able to toggle whatever number is displayed when you’re using a VirtualPBX enabled mobile phone, you can effectively show your whereabouts as anywhere you choose. That means if you wanted to hide the mobile number associated with your device and have all outgoing calls show your office number, you can do that. This is useful if you happen to be, say, in the concourse between innings making a call to an important client. Hypothetically, of course.
- Pooled Minutes All Mobile for Business phones on a Dash service plan will share the same pool of minutes that the overall organization is allotted. At first glance, that may seem pretty straightforward but it also means that your excessive ballpark business activities won’t show a spike in your mobile minutes when you bring in an expense report. All of the Mobile for Business phones on VirtualPBX will show the same type of use as any other device would have. It’s all about covering your tracks, after all, right?
- Nationwide 4G LTE Coverage Is your home team traveling on their opening day? Want to schedule your sales roadshow to coincide with an away-game series? No problem! Because VirtualPBX operates the only 4G LTE nationwide network specifically for your Mobile for Business needs, that means that you can go anywhere and still have the same, crystal-clear coverage that you expect from all of our VoIP products. Heck, you can even go down to some of the Single-A League games and be connected there, too!
Even More Reasons to Use Mobile for Business
The baseball season is long, so don’t overdo your time away from the office just yet. Plus, after the boys of summer are done and provided you haven’t burnt too many bridges along the course of the season, you’ll be able to use the entire array of Mobile for Business features well into next year’s Spring Training, too. The three reasons to use Mobile for Business we’ve listed above are helpful in a pinch(hitter), but they’re also just the tip of the iceberg. You can get the inside(baseball) on the other reasons to use Mobile for Business anytime, too. And remember that posting your Opening Day shenanigans on social media where all of your coworkers can see them is a total rookie mistake that you should avoid making. Instead, why don’t you share where you’re watching the game with us on our own social pages on Facebook and Twitter? We promise we won’t tell as long as you promise to bring us back a chili dog and garlic fries.
Posted on March 8, 2018 by Dan Quick
Unless you were hiding under a rock, or perhaps you were out traversing the glaciers of Iceland, you probably heard about the big news we had the other week. By launching the open beta period for our new Mobile for Business, we’ve begun an entirely new epoch in business communications. Because, until now, businesses haven’t had the option to keep their employees’ mobile phones up and running without including a cumbersome reimbursement program into their business communications plan. But now that there is a truly mobile feature available that’s native to your existing business phone plan, all of that is a thing of the past. Now, the only question left isn’t, are you ready to streamline your business mobile phone use, it’s rather, have you signed up for the VirtualPBX Mobile for Business beta yet?
The Time To Sign Up For the VirtualPBX Mobile for Business Beta is Now
One of the key things to remember is that, sure, this is a beta of a late-stage product feature. That means that we’re far enough down the Product Roadmap to introduce a fully-functioning mobile phone feature to our customers. However, because there is always a small window for some final tweaks and refinements, this is your chance to participate in that last stage of development. That said, maybe there is an insight you can offer or a perspective we haven’t considered that will be valuable to your employees and to users all over the world. In order to bring the absolute best experience to the VirtualPBX Mobile for Business feature, we’d love to have your input. However, as much as your two cents would be worth their weight in gold (too many currency metaphors?), we have to inform you the window of opportunity is closing very soon. We’ve gotten a great response to the beta period for Mobile for Business and have a few more slots to hand out, but they’re not going to last much longer. So unless you’ve already signed up for the VirtualPBX Mobile for Business beta, your last chance to do so is in the next two days.
What You Need to Know About the VirtualPBX Mobile for Business Beta
Everything about how the VirtualPBX Mobile for Business feature works is available on the beta sign-up page, but we wanted to underscore some aspects of it again here. First and foremost is the fact that this is a mobile data opportunity for your employees that is operated across the lightning-fast nationwide 4G LTE network that you’ve probably already relied on for your personal use. What’s different is that all data and service are provided by VirtualPBX so your use, be it over VoIP or mobile, is all managed under one roof. That means that all of the same device and extension management that you’ve come to expect from your Dash phone plan is going to extend to the mobile phones you can add through this feature. Second is that you’re going to have the same type of freedom in device selection that you can expect from most modern personal mobile phone plans including the opportunity to begin using texting for business as well. This means that basically any unlocked phone from the past two years will be compatible with the Mobile for Business feature. And finally and perhaps most impactful for the purposes of your business, this is not anything like a personal mobile phone service. That’s because this is a business-first and business-only mobile phone system. As a result, there will be no throttling or battery drain due to running over the top applications like a softphone because the phone service operates directly over the 4G LTE network and so isn’t sapping data just to make a phone call.
That should be enough to whet your appetites for a mobile feature on your business phone plan, but if you still want to know more, you can head over to the VirtualPBX Mobile for Business beta sign-up page. Also, while you’re there, ahem, you can also sign-up. All kidding aside, though, the chance to participate in the beta and put your mark on the biggest thing in business telephone service since the first cloud-based telephone service won’t be here forever. So sign up now, and let us know what you think!
Posted on February 27, 2018 by Dan Quick
We have some pretty big news, and it might be best if you were sitting down for the moment. Actually, because you’re reading this online, there’s a good chance that you are seated, but it’s best to make sure. Anyway, today we’re launching the all-new Dash Mobile Feature for our popular Dash Business VoIP Plans! This is a massive step forward that we announced online this morning and one that represents a culmination of a mountain of work on the behalf of everyone at VirtualPBX from the engineering teams to the operations and legal teams. Because this is the beta testing period of the all-new Dash Mobile Feature, in this blog we’ll take a high-level look at the bigger implications of what this development means.
How the New Dash Mobile Fits Into Dash
Answering this question is very much in-line with some of the most compelling benefits of the new Dash Mobile Feature. First is to understand that we are the sole operators of the mobile platform over the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) radio transmitter network. That means that we will be providing and selling the data access to the mobile phones on the network and that they will all be managed under a single Dash account. Because we’re now able to operate a purely mobile experience as part of the overall functions of a Dash VoIP Plan, we can treat it very much like any other premium option like Salesforce CRM Integrations or Inbound Call Recording. No matter how any one of our customers’ accounts is comprised, they only ever have to worry about one single, clearly itemized monthly statement rather than fussing around with expense reports and reimbursements for employees who use a personal cellular network. Plus, considering we’ve always valued employee freedom when it comes to device selection, we’re employing a simple SIM card system for importing new mobile phones into the service. There are some slight restrictions like the phone needs to be paid off and manufactured within the past couple of years, but they’re also common to what a person expects when they want to transition their mobile phone across different providers. We’re also going to be providing mobile phones directly to our customers as a compliment to our list of recommended hardware, but those items won’t be available until after the beta testing period is closed. For a complete list of the device restrictions and needs, you can look at the entire run-down on our Dash Mobile Feature page.
What Does New Dash Mobile Mean For Users?
Um, is it too broad to answer with the reply, “Everything?” because that’s really what will change for the better when companies decide to move forward with a mobile strategy directly from VirtualPBX. All kidding aside, there are several key advantages to adopting a mobile phone plan from Dash.
- Data Security One of the most commonly utilized channels that hackers use to access sensitive company data is not by “storming the front gates,” so to speak, but rather by first compromising an employee’s point of access. By using the new Dash Mobile Feature you completely eliminate the possibility of a weak access point because every VirtualPBX VoIP plan utilizes the industry’s most stringent security protocols.
- Device Management Additionally, because the mobile feature isn’t a separate platform but rather one that is managed under a company’s existing Dash VoIP plan, that means the management and visibility of mobile are just as simple as with every other extension or device. The simple and clear oversight helps admins make decisions affecting their network based on actionable and irrefutable data.
- Account Simplicity Fewer vendors, fewer expense reporting, and zero reimbursements all contribute to a categorical improvement in operational efficiency. Because all mobile data, devices, and minutes will be included in the standard usage statements that VirtualPBX customers already receive, the slick interface of Dash extends to the streamlining of managing the overall unified communications of your entire company, too.
What’s Next from the Dash Mobile Feature?
We’re always keen to share some of our most exciting developments on our VirtualPBX Product Roadmap, so there’s an idea of what’s to come always available there. Because the new Dash Mobile opens up our users to a wide new world of, well, mobility, we can certainly point to a few key updates. Specifically, you know that by introducing a mobile feature and by providing our own mobile data plans to users that texting over VoIP isn’t far away. However, remember that this is the new Dash Mobile Beta Period, so we’re keeping an open mind as to what we will be building and editing based on pending feedback from our beta testers. And with that in mind, we want to reiterate that participating in the beta testing period is limited to a set amount of organizations, so you’ll want to Sign Up Now to get in on it.
Because we’re always so inspired by our core users who frequently participate in these beta test periods, we’d like to remind you as well that the VirtualPBX Product Roadmap is always open to your feedback and we regularly conduct similar exercises to this mobile one. And if you have anything to add, feel free to do so there or on Facebook and Twitter, too. In the meanwhile, make sure to get in on the new Dash Mobile beta and take your work with you anywhere!