Looking back at the month of February, I cannot recall another time period in recent years where the morality of technology has been so heavily debated on a worldwide stage. A time where we honor Black History Month and celebrate love has been overshadowed by the battle between good vs. evil.
The future is no longer reality, it is actuality – our concrete existence. Technology as we know it has transformed every facet of our lives. From the way we communicate using images, to the way we absorb the world. As we look towards the future of mankind, we must ask ourselves what is the purpose of all of this? In a world where ordering a ride is automated, terrorists recruit on social media, and people seek matrix style virtual environments, many compare the future to a dystopian society. In this month’s VirtualPBX 5 we are going to explore some controversial technology topics. So put on your thinking cap and ask yourself, “is this good or evil?”
- Mark Zuckerberg has received comparisons to an overlord walking amongst his immersed subjects.
- A real life R2-D2 is as scary as it is impressive.
- Low barriers to entry and drivers pick their own hours — is there a major flaw in Uber’s business model?
- Apple doubles down in the controversial battle to unlock the San Bernardino shooters iPhone.
- Interacting with objects inside virtual environments is one step closer to teleportation.