Dash Customer Support
Need help? If you signed up with a VirtualPBX Dash Plan, originally introduced in January 2016, you most likely use the Dash web portal which looks like the image to the right. For help with your system please use the resources below. If the web portal to the right does not look familiar, you likely signed up for an Office or Anywhere Plan, or a legacy product introduced before 2012 and use the vConsole web portal. For vConsole related questions, please visit the vConsole Support page. For general questions, please feel free to contact us – our Support Team is available to you 24 hours/day, 365 days/year!
Are you a new VirtualPBX Dash user? Welcome! We’ve compiled a library of support guides and training videos to get you on your way. We’re also available by phone, chat, and email should you have any questions.
New User Training
Get familiar with all basic aspects of your new account.
Add users to your Dash account and note their settings.
Set your business hours for alternate call routing schemes.
Get familiar with the Dash user interface by following our support guides and signing up for live training. During the weekly webinar-style training, we will walk you through the Dash user interface and answer questions from the audience. Feel free to attend the training as many times as you like! Typically each session lasts about an hour.
We are constantly building our library of support guides to ensure our customers are given the tools they need to get the most out of their business phone system. If there is a feature you need help with that is not listed below, please contact our Customer Support team via online chat or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adding a Web Phone to a User
Adding VoIP Devices
ATA (Analog Telephone Adapter) Adapters
Cell Phones & Landlines
Encryption (SRTP) on VoIP Devices
Network Configuration for VoIP Phones
VoIP Security Checklist
Adding a VirtualPBX Softphone to a User
VirtualPBX Desktop Softphone Setup – Mac
VirtualPBX Desktop Softphone Setup – Windows
VirtualPBX Desktop Softphone User Guide
VirtualPBX Softphone – Transferring Calls on Android
VirtualPBX Softphone – Transferring Calls on iOS
VoIP Phone Configuration:
Cisco SPA 112
Panasonic TGP 500/550
X-Lite and Bria Softphone Settings (PC)
Yealink T20-21 Basic Use
Yealink T48G: BLF/Extension Presence
Please click on a topic to expand or collapse the solution.
- What is VirtualPBX?VirtualPBX is a office phone system offering business-class phone features using existing phones and internet enabled, voice over IP (VoIP) phones.
- What is POE and do I need it?POE stands for Power over Ethernet and allows POE enabled phones to be powered through your network if the network is POE capable. All VirtualPBX VoIP phones are POE enabled, and also come with an AC adapter allowing the devices to be powered with wall power out of the box.
- What are the benefits of using VirtualPBX?VirtualPBX offers the following benefits:
- Free and unlimited calling and faxing in the continental US and Canada
- Savings of 40% to 80% over traditional phone systems
- Elimination of premise based PBX equipment, ending maintenance cost and hassle
- One network to manage for both voice and data, instead of two
- The deepest, most powerful feature set in the hosted PBX industry
- Flexibility in system configuration
- Easy system management from any web browser
- Employees can work from anywhere
- Full enablement of virtual offices, saving on rent, utilities and other expenses
- Take all of your phone system’s features with you for use at home, at the office, or on the road
- What do I need to make the VirtualPBX work?VirtualPBX works with your existing phones, VoIP phones or a combination of the two. To take advantage of VoIP phones, all you need are a broadband Internet connection and a VirtualPBX VoIP-enabled phone.
- What is the difference between using a standard phone and a VoIP phone with VirtualPBX?All features of VirtualPBX are available to both standard and VoIP phone users. VoIP phone users can eliminate the cost of analog phone lines and dramatically reduce overall phone system costs.
- Can I mix standard and VoIP phones in my VirtualPBX system?Yes, standard and VoIP phones easily coexist on the same VirtualPBX system. Please consult with our sales staff to arrive at the optimal configuration for your communications needs.
- Do I need to download additional software or purchase additional non-phone equipment to use VirtualPBX?No, VirtualPBX works with your current phone system and VoIP phones. No additional software or equipment is required.
- Can I use my existing phone number?Yes, existing phone numbers can be ported to VirtualPBX. To get started, fill out a Letter of Agency to port numbers.
- Can I use PC-based softphones with VirtualPBX? Yes. VirtualPBX provides both a Mac and Windows softphone in addition to iPhone and Android mobile softphones. We have also tested a variety of softphones and have found products from Counterpath to work well with our system. For help setting up a new softphone or to answer additional questions you may have, please visit our Softphone App Support page.
- Can I use mobile phones with VirtualPBX?Yes, mobile phones integrate seamlessly into the VirtualPBX and can use all of the features that are provided.
- Can I use third-party IP phones on VirtualPBX?VirtualPBX may be able to assist you on converting Polycom phones that you have purchased from other phone system providers such as RingCentral, Phone.com and 8×8, to VirtualPBX compatibility. Please contact VirtualPBX Customer Support for additional help.
- What are the bandwidth requirements needed to support VirtualPBX?In order to ensure the highest level of voice quality, we recommend that an additional 80-100 Kbps of bandwidth per active phone be allocated over your current data consumption. To help assess your VoIP readiness VirtualPBX has provided information on VoIP speed.
- Do VirtualPBX VoIP phones support 911 calls?Yes, 911 calls over VoIP phones are handled through the e911 procedures while 911 calls over standard phone lines are handled by the phone carrier. Details of our e911 coverage can be found here.
- How can I send and receive faxes?Faxes are sent and received and managed through VirtualPBX. Received faxes can be viewed online or as email attachments and electronic documents can be faxed to any standard fax number.
- Can I use my current fax machine with VirtualPBX?While it is possible to use an analog fax machine on a digital VoIP line using an ATA, it is not recommended due to quality issues. If a dedicated fax machine is required for your business, then it should be run over standard telephone lines.
- What hardware support is offered by VirtualPBX?VirtualPBX supports the phone manufacturer’s equipment warranty and offers a money back guarantee during the first 30 days of operation.
- After receiving my VirtualPBX VoIP phones, what do I do next?Simply follow the New VoIP Device Guide included with the equipment and begin to experience the benefits of VirtualPBX. Starting up is easy as plugging in the phone and start calling.
- Does VirtualPBX work for Canadian customers?Yes, all features of VirtualPBX are available for Canadian users. Please check with our sales department for the availability of Canadian numbers.
- Do you offer service for international calls? Yes, international calls may be placed using VirtualPBX. All outbound international calls are charged per minute using VirtualPBX’s low international rates.
- What happens if my broadband stops working? Can you auto-detect?If your broadband stops working or if there is a power outage without sufficient battery backup available, your IP phone will not function. With VirtualPBX you have the ability to specify a forwarding number to another phone where calls will automatically be routed if your VoIP phone is unavailable.
Open A Ticket With Our Support Team
Please describe your issue in as much detail as possible so that it may be more quickly diagnosed and solved, including screenshots if applicable. Our team will be in touch with you shortly. Once you have submitted a ticket, you can also track its progress in our helpdesk.