Guest Post by Linh England, VirtualPBX Product Lead
Text messages are quick, easy, and much less intrusive than phone calls or emails while giving customers the ability to control when and how often they receive notifications via text. Additionally, SMS texting is the most efficient way to contact your customers. With a 98% open rate, you can ensure that your content reaches your intended audience. However, before sending messages, you must seek permission from your customers. One way to seek permission is through SMS opt-in texts.
What is an SMS opt-in text? Your text opt-in is anything that prompts a customer to give you written permission to send them SMS messages. For example, you can ask customers to text an opt-in keyword to your SMS marketing number (“YES” or “START”).
Examples of SMS Opt-In Messages
- “Text YES to join our SMS reward list!”
- “Reply START to opt-in for text notifications!”
- “Want exclusive discounts? Text SUBSCRIBE now!”
- “Text OPTIN to join our reward program!”
Best Practices for SMS Opt-In
When requesting that customers opt into your service, be sure to:
- Most importantly – introduce yourself or your company!
- Use clear and concise language
- Clearly communicate the terms and conditions of your texting service.
- Explain the types of messages customers will receive, who they’ll be from, and how frequently they’ll receive them.
- Allow customers to opt-out at any time without difficulty.
- Include options for help.
What is Double Opt-In?
Double opt-in is an authentication process used to confirm that any phone numbers added to a mobile marketing list are owned by the person who entered them. This layer of security helps protect businesses from sending messages to people who did not explicitly agree to receive notifications from them.
The benefits of opting into a business’s text message list include:
- Timely updates
- Receiving information about upcoming product launches and special offers
- Exclusive discounts
- Taking advantage of personalized coupons and exclusive deals only available to subscribers
- Immediate support by quickly contacting customer service and other support teams.
In addition to opt-in text messages, businesses can also include a checkbox on forms or online chat sessions that confirm customers’ consent to receive messages. Whichever method you choose, getting permission to text consumers is the most important rule of SMS marketing compliance.
Although SMS marketing can be complicated, it doesn’t have to be! VirtualPBX makes text message marketing and SMS marketing easy. Increase customer engagement and loyalty with our VirtualText App today!