Hosted PBX vs Standard PBX
When Does It Make Sense To Use a Hosted PBX System?
Functionality. Scalability. Flexibility
The bulk of the functionality on hosted and on-site PBX systems can be replicated, though it is inordinately more expensive to do so on an on-site option. Furthermore, the maintenance and service burdens of an on-site phone system fall on the company that uses it or will be charged at a premium by the telephone service provider. Additionally, the exposure to failure of an on-site system is pronounced whereas a hosted system is virtually unstoppable under any circumstances. Some of the benefits of using a hosted PBX system include:
- Being able to give your employees the option to telecommute.
- No high up-front costs.
- Offering toll-free numbers for customer to call.
- The option to scale your business quickly and easily.
- Minimal maintenance and no bulky equipment.
- A variety of VoIP integrations like linking your CRM to your PBX system to monitor growth and sales.
If you’re curious about how your hosted PBX system would work, take a look at this easy-to-follow graph.
For a complete list of the cost-saving and performance-boosting features and benefits of a hosted business telephone system from VirtualPBX, visit the plans comparison page and features page to learn more.
Limitations to Using Standard PBX
Keep in mind that while you may be hesitant to getting started with Hosted VoIP, there are some limitations to using a standard PBX. Here are just a few:
- All employees must be physically located in the same office.
- You will experience high up-front costs.
- There are no options for toll-free service for callers.
- Scalability is often tedious and/or limited.
Still Not Ready to Make the Move? Consider SIP Trunking
VirtualPBX offers SIP Trunking for organizations that want to stick with their standard PBX system, but are looking to discover ways to save money and slowly transition to hosted PBX over time.
Not Sure What’s Right for You? Talk to Us!
Fill out the form below and a member of our team will contact you to discuss the solution right for your business.