Comprehensive Data Security
When you get a telephone system from Virtual PBX, you not only get our award-winning business features, you also get a secure telecommunication network. We’ve taken numerous measures to make certain no one has access to your data without your permission. From the moment we receive a call until it arrives on your phone, we provide full protection. Here are a few of the ways we protect your business.
Datacenter Security Measures
Our hardware and software technology individually routes every call, providing special safety features included with our service.
- Hardened, co-located facility – Our servers and switchboards are stored in a multi-million dollar, secured facility devoted to the sole task of keeping necessary operations protected. All unnecessary processes have been stripped from our software and we are constantly updating with the most cutting edge data security programs available.
- Redundant power and communication sources – Our secured facility maintains redundant sources of energy and data transfer. So even if the power grid or a telecommunication provider collapses, our system stays secure and keeps functioning. This is just part of the reason that we’re the only provider able to publicly state Five Nines (99.999%) uptime.
- Secured access only – Accessing our facility is serious business. Physical access to our datacenter requires a scheduled visit with entry allowed after successful key validation, handprint identification, and security checkpoint screening. We hold to a strict policy that only our senior operations officers are allowed.
- Part of the national infrastructure – The facility we use is part of the government protected network for technology and communication, and is subject to government regulation and oversight in addition to our own efforts. It also has full government support in the event that any attempt is made to breach data security or reduce the capacity of the facility in any way.
Network Security Measures
Any communication stream between our datacenter, our headquarters, and you is treated with some of the strictest protocols available. As a result, any changes that you or our support team makes are never compromised.
- Firewalled network nodes – There is no way to get to our information without going through secured firewalls. There are no back doors, no loopholes, and no system processes that work around the network.
- Highest level of data security used on each measure – We use the strictest network security protocols available at every opportunity. We never run in a ‘more accessible’ mode that might run the risk of reducing security. We do everything short of encrypting every piece of data individually to make certain even the most remotely suspicious access is completely denied.
- Designed to protect against attacks – Our network design features multi-layer data security to ensure that we block unauthorized access (hacking) attempts at the outset, and isolate and control distributed denial of service attacks. In addition our networks are partitioned to separate voice and data, so that an attack on one area has no effect on the other.
Call Security Measures
From the moment we receive your calls to the point that they reach your phones, we treat them with the maximum protection available. We stay on the line to give you additional PBX functionality but we’re also there to make sure that your call reaches its intended destination if you decide to forward it along.
- Equally protected over copper and IP – VirtualPBX uses a variety of calls paths to answer and make calls, including traditional copper and IP connections between our carriers. We use multiple security techniques to insure that none of our traffic can be intercepted by someone other than our carriers. We don’t route any of our traffic through intermediary ISP’s, so there is no opportunity for anyone to intercept calls unless they have equipment installed in the carriers themselves, and this is regulated by the FCC. We filter all traffic to insure that it is impossible for us to send or receive traffic to or from any unknown carriers or individuals. We have designed our network so that our IP call traffic experiences a level of security equal to that of our copper PSTN connections.
As you can see, Virtual PBX takes your business’ security very seriously. Only highly specialized companies for encryption and cryptography provide a higher level of protection, and they come with an appropriately large increase in cost. For features, quality, reliability, and security, we make certain your business always has what it needs. Please contact us today for more information.