Call forwarding settings can be updated in the Admin Portal, the User Portal, or from a VoIP Phone. This feature overrides device settings and makes it easy to forward calls to a cell phone or landline when users are not able to use their primary device. For users wishing to use this feature, please note that the user’s primary device should not also be a cell phone or landline.
- Updating Call Forwarding: Admin Portal
- Updating Call Forwarding: User Portal
- Updating Call Forwarding: VoIP Phone (Feature Codes)
Updating Call Forwarding: Admin Portal
- In the Dashboard, click on Users
- On the Users page, click on the “User Features” box next to the user you wish to enable Call Forwarding on
- Click on Call Forwarding
- Click to Enable
- Choose either a Mobile or a Desk Phone, enter the phone number, select the options you wish to use, and click on Save Changes
- Leave Voicemails on Forwarded Numbers: If this function is enabled (checked), callers can leave voicemails on numbers that have been call-forwarded.
- Forward Direct Calls Only: If this function is enabled (checked) then only calls that ring the user directly will be forwarded. Calls via ring groups or other multi-user call distributions will not be forwarded. If disabled (unchecked), all calls will be forwarded.
- Keep Your Caller ID: If this function is enabled (checked), calls forwarded will show the caller’s caller ID. You may wish to do this if your business phone traffic always comes from expected callers whom you would recognize on caller ID. If this feature is disabled (unchecked), all calls will show your account’s caller ID instead. You may wish to do this to distinguish personal calls from business calls on a personal device.
- You will now see a yellow arrow denoting that Call Forwarding is now active for this user
Updating Call Forwarding: User Portal
- Login to the User Portal
- Click on Enable Call Forward by clicking on the check box
- Enter the cell phone or landline number you wish calls to be forwarded to
- Click Save
Updating Call Forwarding: VoIP Phone (Feature Codes)
Please note that feature codes are designed to be used with registered VoIP phones by keypad entry.
Enable Call Forwarding (*72)
This feature code is used to enable call forwarding. The code is “*72”, and when dialed, a prompt will ask for the number to forward calls to. The user is expected to enter the phone number then press pound(#), at which point call forwarding is enabled and the number is read back to ensure it wasn’t misdialed. The user will need to follow this process each time they use the code. Optionally they can dial the feature code as a prefix on their number “*72-1-555-248-9715”, which will enable call forwarding to 1-555-248-9715.
Disable Call Forwarding (*73)
This feature code will disable any active call forwarding. The code is “*73”, and when dialed, a prompt will inform the user that call forwarding has been successfully disabled. If the user has a PIN configured, there will be a voice prompt requesting the PIN. Enter it, followed by #.
Toggle Call Forwarding (*74)
The feature code “*74” will enable or disable call forwarding depending on its current state. This feature code remembers the last number you forwarded calls to and enables it without asking for a new number. If the user has never enabled call forwarding then they will be prompted for the number. Similar to the enable call forwarding feature code, they can optionally prefix the code with a new call forwarding number like “*72-1-555-248-9715”, which will enable call forwarding to 1-555-248-9715.
Update Call Forwarding (*56)
The update call forwarding feature code “*56” will prompt the user to enter a new call forwarding number. This immediately replaces any number currently being used, set either by the enable or toggle feature code. The number entered is also stored for later use with the toggle feature. The status of call forwarding will not be changed by this code, so if it is disabled or enabled, it will remain so.