Tuesday Toolbox: VirtualPBX Support VoIP FAQ
We’ve received some great feedback from our guest blog posts, so here’s another one that is certain to delight. We’ve cobbled together some insights from the technical staff of VirtualPBX (read- all of the people who keep this place running smoothly) to see if we can shed some more light into the nuts and bolts of hosted telephone service – specifically the most frequent questions they receive about the VirtualPBX system. After tapping-into the brain trust that is our award-winning Customer Support Team, we’ve put together this VoIP FAQ to save you both time and headaches before they even start.
5 Best Practices for VirtualPBX Support
- Dialing a toll free number from another toll free number: Though these types of calls are rare, occasionally a call or fax will originate from a toll-free number to another toll-free number. Unfortunately, this just won’t work, mainly due to the fact there isn’t an existing rules hierarchy on which line will assume the charges that is accepted across all carriers.
- Trouble-shooting and reporting issues: Our system produces huge amounts of data every second and those records are crucial for diagnosing any problems you may have. To leverage that data, though, we need to know where to start looking. Screenshots of fax logs and dates and times of call quality issues are examples of relevant information that expedite any investigation. Also, it’s helpful to have your network information (ISP, modem, and router information) handy for issues, so having that easily accessible is always a good idea.
- Currently, our system doesn’t support all menu buttons on VoIP phones: More often than not we’re asked why the transfer button on a phone isn’t working. It probably is working, but that isn’t how calls can be transferred within your VoIP network. To transfer a call using VirtualPBX phones, press “*” to place the caller on hold, then listen to the menu of transfer options and select the one you need.
- Missing major account changes: Any material change to your VirtualPBX system that will affect your service charges must be confirmed by the billing contact on your account via email. Though access permissions can be given to any admin on your account, to protect the security of your billing cycle, only approval of the authorized billing contact via email will trigger that change’s implementation.
- With extra features come extra charges: Unless it is specifically outlined in your contract with VirtualPBX, certain features like ACD queues, call recording, and softphones could be considered extra features that come with additional charges. However, we are here to help with more than just technical issues, so there may be instances where you’re underutilizing certain features that are included in your service. Never hesitate to give us a call and we’d be happy to help find the best solution for the right price- you might be surprised at how much our core system can do for your business!
All of our hosted telephone experts are located right here in sunny California and are available for you whenever you need. Let us know how we can help you today!