Email Delivery and Notification of Voice or Fax Messages (vConsole)
Here’s how to set up your “Message Handling” tab so that when your extension receives a voicemail or fax, you can receive the .wav (for voicemail) or .pdf (for faxes) file sent right to your email.
If you’re logged into your own extension, skip to step 3 to set it up for yourself. If you’re an admin setting it up for someone other than yourself, start at step 1.
- As an admin, first click the Admin Tab.
- Then click Extensions.
- Click on the Message Handling Tab (this is the starting point for users making changes to their own extension’s message handling settings as well as where admins can make the change on behalf of other users).
- Enter the email addresses that you’d like your .wav or .pdf files sent to in the section boxed in red “Email Delivery of Voice and Fax Messages”. This section includes the actual files sent to your email. Alternatively, when completed, the lower section, “Notification of Voice and Fax Messages” will enable email notifications that you have received a message, but will not include the actual files.
- Make sure to click Update to save your changes.
New vConsole UI
The steps to update email delivery and notifications for fax and voicemail messages on the new vConsole UI are the same, but the menu structure and content have changed.
- Login as an admin and click on Extension.
- Click Edit next to the Extension you wish to work with.
- Enter a single email address into System Messages, this is for password recovery.
- Click on the box to activate Email Delivery of Voice or Fax Messages. You may enter up to 5 email addresses separated by a “;” – [email protected];[email protected] for example – to receive copies of messages left on this extension via email. These emails will also include the time/date, phone number called, extension receiving the message, and the caller ID. Messages are sent as attachments (.WAV for voicemail, .PDF for faxes) which can be played and stored from your device without having to login to the system.
- Click on the box to activate Email Notifications of Voice or Fax Messages. You may enter up to 5 email addresses separated by a “;” – [email protected];[email protected] for example – to receive notifications that messages have been left on this extension. These emails will include the time/date, phone number called, extension receiving the message, and the caller ID, but the message will NOT be attached.