VirtualPBX uses a security feature that protects your phones before they are provisioned on your account. Unlocking a VoIP phones, as shown in this support guide, gives you a 24-hour period to add the phone to your VirtualPBX account.
Unlocking a VoIP Phone
- Often, a phone’s display will say “No Service” before it has been unlocked.
- To unlock a phone before provisioning it to your account, find the Devices option in the main menu of your Dashboard.
- Click the wrench icon of the VoIP phone you want to unlock.
- Select the Advanced drop-down menu and the Miscellaneous option.
- Click the Unlock button, and Save your changes. This will grant you 24 hours in which you can now add the phone to your account.
- You may still need to factory reset your phone and reprovision it once the previous steps have been completed. The following Support docs can help with those processes: