The all-new Business SMS is available for VirtualPBX customers on select plans. Take a look at the guide below on how to enable this feature.
Add a Direct Dial Number
In order to enable SMS, the first task is to add a Direct Dial Number to the User you want to enable SMS on.
- Start by clicking on the Phone Numbers box of the User you wish to work with
- On the following screen choose either “Add from Spare Numbers” or “Buy Numbers”
- “Buy Numbers” will put the new numbers you select into the Spare Number list. Click on Buy Numbers and choose between local or toll-free
- Choose the number(s) that you want to add by clicking the “Add” button next to the number
- Click on “Buy Numbers”
- Click on “Spare Numbers”
- Check the box in front of the number you want to add and then click on “Add Selected Numbers”
- Click on “Save Changes”
- Click on the User you just added a Direct Dial Number on.
- Click on the Direct Dial Number that was just added.
- Click the gear icon and choose Messaging.
- Toggle SMS services on and then click Save Changes.
Disable Follow Me Calling
- On that same User, click on the User Features box next to the user you wish to disable Follow Me Calling on.
- A box will expand showing you the available features for that user. Make sure that the Follow Me icon is not enabled (the color should be grey).
- Click on Save Changes.