The all-new Business SMS is available for VirtualPBX customers on select plans. Take a look at the guide below on how to enable this feature. VirtualPBX Business SMS supports sending and receiving SMS messages using the VirtualPBX Softphone on macOS, Windows, Android and iOS, and via Webhooks and API.
Add a Direct Dial Number
In order to enable SMS, the first task is to add a Direct Dial Number to the User you want to enable SMS on.
- Start by clicking on the Phone Numbers box of the User you wish to work with
- On the following screen choose either “Add from Spare Numbers” or “Buy Numbers”
- “Buy Numbers” will put the new numbers you select into the Spare Number list. Click on Buy Numbers and choose between local or toll-free
- Choose the number(s) that you want to add by clicking the “Add” button next to the number
- Click on “Buy Numbers”
- Click on “Spare Numbers”
- Check the box in front of the number you want to add and then click on “Add Selected Numbers”
- Click on “Save Changes”
- Click on the User you just added a Direct Dial Number on.
- Click on the Direct Dial Number that was just added.
- Click the gear icon and choose Messaging.
- Toggle SMS services on and then click Save Changes.
Disable Follow Me Calling
- On that same User, click on the User Features box next to the user you wish to disable Follow Me Calling on.
- A box will expand showing you the available features for that user. Make sure that the Follow Me icon is not enabled (the color should be grey).
- Click on Save Changes.