Adding a Web Phone
The video here will walk you through the steps to add a Web Phone to a user on your Dash account. We have also provided steps and screenshots, for your reference.
The VirtualPBX Web Phone is included free with Dash Business Phone Plans and uses plan minutes. No device fees, no downloads, no updates – a simple web-based phone built on WebRTC technology available in most modern web browsers. Adding a Web Phone to a user in your account can be done following the below steps:
- Click on the user’s “Devices” for the User you wish to work with.
- Click New Device and select Web Phone from the dropdown menu.
- You will be prompted to read the following information. Due to the mobile nature of a web-based VoIP phone, users may not be at the address claimed under e911 settings when an emergency occurs. We strongly encourage all customers to keep e911 information up to date and when possible, use a phone tied to your physical location during an emergency as emergency services are deployed to the address associated with that phone immediately upon calling. Press Close to continue.
- Name your Web Phone and click Create Device when you are finished.
- You will now see this device appear under the user’s devices options. Click Save Changes.
- You may access the Web Phone using the link in the upper right of your Dash account, or by going directly to https://webphone.virtualpbx.net. Users login using the same credentials as their Dash user account. Make sure to review your follow-me calling settings to ensure your new Web Phone will operate as expected.