Dash Quick Start Guide
Welcome to your new Dash business phone system! We’re excited to have you on board and look forward to helping you get the most out of your communications strategy. If you just signed up with us, you’ll be receiving a series of welcome emails to help get you acquainted with Dash. To help get you started, we’ve outlined quick start steps for the most common new customer situations below as well as additional Dash support resources. Our Support Team is also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week should you need help.
New Phone(s), New Number(s), Clean Slate
- Browse our variety of VoIP desk and conference phones for sale
- If you would like to use an existing mobile phone, tablet, or computer to take calls, check out the VirtualPBX Softphone App
- Ensure your existing internet connection is powerful enough for VoIP and evaluate your router
- With Dash, you have access to millions of toll-free, local, and international numbers available for purchase directly in your Dash account – find the phone number or phone numbers that are right for you and start taking calls in no time
- Once you have your devices and your network is configured, add users and assign their devices
- Every phone setup is different, but a good place to start configuring routing behavior is addressing your main number’s incoming call routing
Existing Phone(s), Existing Number(s), Improve Existing Communications on Dash
- The best time to address the quality of your VoIP connection is during the setup of your new account – please review your network and if you have any questions, reach out to our team of network professionals
- If you have an existing phone number you would like to transfer (port), we recommend starting the porting process first. A local number port typically takes 3-5 days to complete, and a toll-free number port typically takes 5-7 days, depending on the former carrier and the accuracy of information provided. While you wait, you can go ahead and configure your system, including testing with a temporary number, so that once your number ports, you’re ready to take calls. You can even forward calls from your current service to your temporary number to start enjoying the benefits of Dash right away.
Need your number ported now? You can get started immediately in an online chat with us.
- Start adding users and other admins to your account
- To assign existing Polycom, Yealink, or Cisco phones to your users refer to our auto-provisioning guide
- You may also route calls to an existing mobile phone or landline, or check out the VirtualPBX Softphone App to turn your mobile phone, tablet, or computer into a VoIP device
- Address your main number’s incoming call routing procedure and review available features and settings
New Admin on an Existing Dash Setup
- The best way to get acquainted with your new phone system is to browse around your account Dashboard and Main Company Numbers
- Review your main number’s incoming call routing
- Add company holidays and business hours to your system to address callers when your team is away
- Review your company’s current voicemail message(s) and routing
- Have a department or a set of departments that answer phone calls? Review your current ring groups and their members
Looking for More?
We offer a free, live Dash training once a week. Feel free to attend as many times as you would like, or watch a recording of a past session. We have also prepared a full catalog of Dash support guides and the following Dash tutorials.