Yealink Credentials and Device Configuration (vConsole)
Adding Softphone credentials to your VirtualPBX vConsole account allows you to:
- Quickly add a 3rd party VoIP phone to your system
- Use a softphone application on your laptop or mobile device
Softphones are billed based on your current service plan. You can check your current plan information in the billing portal.
Softphone credentials may be used on more than one device. For example, both your laptop and mobile phone can be used. Please note that the same credentials cannot be used simultaneously, i.e. only one device can be on at a time, others must be off.
- Login to your VirtualPBX account as an admin.
- Click on the Admin tab.
- Click on the VoIP Phones menu option.
- Click on Add Softphone.
- Click on Add 3rd Party Softphone.
- Please read the pop up window. This notification lets you know that this may increase your monthly bill. Click I understand to agree and continue.
- Record the username, password, and server. Click Manage Softphone to continue.
- Click on Assign across from Owner Extension.
- Choose the extension you wish to assign the Softphone to. Click Update.
- Click Back.
- Change the Status to Enabled and click Update. If you are using this for a 3rd party physical desk phone, please click on Assign Address to assign the e911 Address for the phone.
- Click on Extensions.
- Click Edit next to the extension that you assigned the softphone to. If you assigned the Softphone to your own extension, click on Call Routing.
- In the new window, click on Manage next to the Softphone.
- Click Insert into Call Routing.
- You will now want to login to the phone’s web user interface to complete the provisioning of your phone. To access the phone’s web interface you will locate the IP address of phone by pressing the Menu button > 1 Status > IP Address
- Enter this IP address into a browser window. Please note that the computer should be on the same internet connection as the phone.
- Login page – please note, the login information given below is the factory default info. If the login password does not work, you will need to contact the device manufacturer:
- To program your phone, click on the Account Tab (top) Register (left)
- Enter the following settings:
- Label / Display name: Enter the VirtualPBX extension number or VoIP phone name
- Register Name: The SIP URI of the softphone found in the vConsole
- Password: The password for the softphone found in the vConsole
- NAT: change to STUN
- STUN Server: change to stun.freeswitch.org
- Server Host: virtualpbx.net
- Click Confirm
- Next, click on Account (top) Codecs section (left)
- Move G722, PCMU and G729 to the Enable Codecs section. Codecs are used in order starting from the top.
- You have now successfully added your Yealink phone to your VirtualPBX account.
Are You Still Using the Classic vConsole Interface?
If your vConsole interface looks like the image on the right, you are still using our classic interface and may want to refer to this guide on Yealink Credentials and Device Configuration with screenshots that reflect your experience. You may also upgrade to the new interface for free at anytime! Simply login to your vConsole account and click on the banner at the top of the screen to continue.