Phone Number Ring-To Location
By default, new VirtualPBX phone numbers will ring to the Auto-Attendant. This default setting requires a main greeting to be assigned and tells the system to wait for additional input from the inbound caller to complete the call, like selecting a menu option or an extension number.
However, you may change the Ring-To location of your phone numbers to suit your business needs by following the steps below.
- Login as an Admin and click on the Admin Tab.
- Click on Phone Numbers.
- Click Edit next to the phone number you wish to work with.
- Scroll down until you see the Ring-to location section.
- Auto-Attendant: this is the default location for any newly added or ported in phone number. A number with this ring-to location should have a Main Greeting assigned that gives callers directions to enter a numeric entry (queue or extension number) so that inbound callers know how to continue their call.
- Operator: calls will ring to the operator extension you have set on the Auto-Attendant settings page. You may opt to have a Main Greeting play before transferring to the operator. When the call is initially connected to the system, the inbound caller will hear “please wait while your call is transferred.” The inbound caller will then hear hold music as the system dials to the contact numbers in the operator extension’s contact list and/or go to voicemail if the call is not answered.
- DID (Direct Inbound Dial) Ext: calls will ring to the extension number you provided in the box. You may opt to have a main greeting play before being transferred to your indicated extension. When the call is initially connected to the system the inbound caller will hear “please wait while your call is transferred.” The inbound caller will then hear hold music as the system dials the DID extension.
- Company Directory: calls will go directly to the Company Directory (sometimes referred to as the User Directory or Dial by Name Directory). The inbound caller will then be prompted to enter between 1-5 digits corresponding to the first or last name of the person they wish to speak to as set on the Auto-Attendant settings page.
- ACD Queues: after an optional main greeting, callers will go to the existing ACD queue you select from your system. Once the inbound call connects the caller, they will hear whatever hold music that is selected for the queue while the system attempts to reach extensions that are logged into the queue.
- Conference Room: callers will be sent to the conference room where they will be prompted to enter the extension that they wish to conference with.
- SelectRoute: calls will go directly to SelectRoute, where the SelectRoute greeting will play and they will be prompted to enter a numeric code to route the calls. Please note that SelectRoute is a special feature that requires a setup fee and a monthly maintenance fee. Please contact Sales for more details if you are interested in pursuing SelectRoute.