The Sangoma S305 IP phone is designed for businesses and organizations with PBX phone systems needing a fully-featured entry-level IP phone at a cost-effective price point. It supports two (2) Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) accounts, a full-duplex speakerphone, and has a 192 x 64-pixel backlight graphical LCD display. Zero-Touch auto-provisioning makes it so easy to set up; all you need to do is plug the phone into an internet connection, in or out of the corporate office location. Built-in PhoneApps enable users to control complex features directly from the phone’s display and programmable buttons.
To setup a Sangoma S305 phone, you will need to create softphone credentials for the user who will be using the phone.
- Start by clicking on “Users” in your VirtualPBX Dashboard.
- Under “Devices”, click on the user you wish to add the Sangoma phone.
- Click on “New Device”.
- Select “Soft Phone”.
- The Dash system will automatically create your credentials. You may adjust the device name to your liking.
- Record your SIP Username, SIP Password, and Realm – you will need these shortly to use in the Sangoma interface. To display your SIP Password simply click on the text box to reveal it.
- Click on “Create Device”.
- Next, open a browser and login to the phone’s IP address: Admin / 4221200 (this may vary depending on your provider. Please verify with your system administrator)”.
- Click on “Go to the “Account” Tab – “Basic””.
- Finally, verify that the settings match the following:
- Click on “Save Settings”.
- Congratulations! Your Sangoma S305phone should now be successfully registered.
1 = Account Active – Yes
2 = Primary Sip Server – Account Realm
3 = Outbound Proxy – proxy-west.virtualpbx.net
4 = SIP Transport: UDP
5 = SIP User ID – SIP Username
6 = Authenticate ID – SIP Username
7 = Authenticate Password – SIP Password
8 = DNS Mode – SRV