In Dash, you have a few options with your Main Greeting: text to speech, upload your own file, record it over the phone, and professional recording services. Each are outlined below. We highly recommend that after setting up your greeting, you call your main phone number to test.
- Start by clicking on Main Number
- Then click on Incoming Call Handling
- Click on the Virtual Receptionist link
- On the right hand side you will see the four options for your Main Greeting
Text to Speech
Simply type in your script and Dash will create a synthesized main greeting for you. You will want to identify your company name and tell callers what option to press to route the call to a specific department or person or feature. For example, “Thank you for calling A B C Company. For Sales, please press 1. For Support please press 2. For all other inquiries, please press 3.” After typing your script in the box, click Update and then Click Save.
Upload your Own File
Dash currently accepts .WAV, .MP3, and .OGG file formats for upload. File size is currently limited to no more than 1 MB, which is approximately a 5 minute MP3 file. Choose the file from your computer, click Update, and then click Save.
When preparing files for use with Dash please use the following parameters:
- 1 MB max file size
- 54/64k audio quality
You can use a program like Audacity to record a file on your computer.
If the file you create is too large you can use a tool such as Online Audio Converter to compress the file. This site has a voice recorder option as well.
Record it Over the Phone
Call into the system and use your own voice to record a greeting using the custom instructions on this screen in your Dash account. Please note that you must have a VoIP phone/device registered to your account. Record the greeting message yourself over the phone, by following the steps below:
- Pick up a phone registered in this account.
- Dial your office main number.
- Enter this PIN when prompted: xxxx (this will vary from account to account)
- Record your greetings / menu.
Enable Recording on Non-VoIP Phones:
- Contact VirtualPBX to enable
- Once it is enabled, call in and dial the PIN (the Incoming Call Handling must be set to dial through the VR for this to work)
Professional Recording Services
Click on the order button and go to Snap Recordings to order a professionally recorded main greeting (or hold music) that you can upload upon completion.