In Dash, you have a few options with your Main Greeting: text to speech, upload your own file, record it over the phone, and professional recording services. Each are outlined below.
- Start by clicking on Main Number
- Then click on Incoming Call Handling
- Click on the Virtual Receptionist link
- On the right hand side you will see the four options for your Main Greeting
- Pick up a phone registered in this account.
- Dial your office main number.
- Enter this PIN when prompted: xxxx (this will vary from account to account)
- Record your greetings / menu.
Text to Speech
Simply type in your script and Dash will create a synthesized main greeting for you. You will want to identify your company name, and tell callers what option to press to route the call to a specific department or person or feature. For example, “Thank you for calling A B C Company. For Sales, please press 1. For Support please press 2. For all other inquiries, please press 3.” After typing your script in the box, click Update and then Click Save.
Upload your Own File
Upload a .WAV or .mp3 to the system. Choose the file from your computer, click Update, and then click Save. The media file may not be larger than 5Mb.
Record it Over the Phone
Call into the system and use your own voice to record a greeting using the custom instructions on this screen in your Dash account. Please note that you must have a VoIP phone/device registered to your account. Record the greeting message yourself over the phone, by following the steps below:
Professional Recording Services
Click on the order button and go to Snap Recordings to order a professionally recorded main greeting (or hold music) that you can upload upon completion.