Faxing Step-By-Step Instructions
Creating a Faxbox
- From the Dashboard, click on Users.
- On the Users page, click on the “User Features” box next to the user you wish to enable Faxing on
- Select Faxbox
- Click on Disabled to toggle to Faxbox Enabled
- Select a number to use for sending and receiving faxes. You may choose from an available number on the account (Select a spare number) or a new number (Buy a new number). Once a number is chosen click on Save Changes.
To Send a Fax
- Log into the email address chosen upon setup. In the example above, email@example.com.
- In the recipient field enter the phone number you would like to send the fax to, followed by your Dash Account Realm. Using the example account below: +firstname.lastname@example.org would send a fax to the destination phone number +14084147676.
- Attach the fax document that needs to be sent to the fax number destination. Note: when using email to fax, a signature file on your email will cause an error and the fax will fail.
- An email confirmation will be sent to the user’s email address once it has been delivered.
To Receive a Fax
Your senders will fax to the number you identified while creating your faxbox. In this example, +14082170068. You may retrieve your faxes in the email address you identified while creating a faxbox, in this example, email@example.com.