Faxing Step-By-Step Instructions
Creating a Faxbox
- From the Dashboard, click on Users.
- On the Users page, click on the “User Features” box next to the user you wish to enable Faxing on
- Select Faxbox
- Click on Disabled to toggle to Faxbox Enabled
- Select a number to use for sending and receiving faxes. You may choose from an available number on the account (Select a spare number) or a new number (Buy a new number). Once a number is chosen click on Save Changes.
To Send a Fax
- Log into the email address chosen upon setup. In the example above, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the recipient field enter the phone number you would like to send the fax to, followed by your Dash Account Realm. Using the example account below: +email@example.com would send a fax to the destination phone number +14084147676.
- Attach the fax document that needs to be sent to the fax number destination (PDF or TIFF). Note: when using email to fax, a signature file on your email will cause an error and the fax will fail. Larger files may be compressed and can take up to an hour to be delivered. Files over 7MB will fail.
- An email confirmation will be sent to the user’s email address once it has been delivered.
To Receive a Fax
Your senders will fax to the number you identified while creating your faxbox. In this example, +14082170068. You may retrieve your faxes in the email address you identified while creating a faxbox, in this example, firstname.lastname@example.org.