Auto-Provision and Factory Reset for Yealink VoIP Phones
Review this guide to learn how to auto-provision and factory reset your Yealink phone. To start, let’s set your Yealink to its default settings.
- Auto-Provisioning for Yealink
- How to Reset Yealink IP Phone to Factory Default
- Enabling Wi-Fi on Yealink SIP-T54W IP Phone
Auto-Provisioning for Yealink
- Find the private IP address of your device, and then input that in your web browser.
- Go To Menu, then Status, then Network Setting. Private IP addresses typically look like 192.168.1.X (X can be any number between 2 and 255) or 10.0.0.X.
- Once you’ve found it, type it in your web browser URL as if you’re entering the address for a website. It should come up with the Manufacturer interface for your device.
- Then, factory reset your device. Factory resetting a device can vary by phone model. If you’re not able to factory reset your device with the steps below, try a quick search on the internet for “Factory Reset [Phone model]” and if you have any special circumstances, please contact our support team. Note that this will wipe all existing settings:
Make sure you’ve added your device with MAC Address to your Dashboard following these directions.
- On your phone, press Menu Softkey.
- Go to Settings—Advanced UI, input password (admin) to enter.
- Select Reset to Factory option. The LCD screen will prompt with: ”Warning, Reset to Factory Setting”. Press OK to continue.
Default Login for devices are:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
Now that you’re in, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Auto-Provision
- Verify the following settings:
Server URL: http://p3.zswitch.net
- Click “Confirm” to save.
- Click “Autoprovision Now” at bottom. Phone will reboot and pull configuration automatically. The phone may reboot multiple times, so please wait until it has completed. It is safe to begin using the phone if it has not reset for 10 full minutes.
How to Reset Yealink IP Phone to Factory Default
Resetting your Yealink via a web interface.
- Login in the web UI of the phone (as seen in the auto-provision section of this guide.
- Go to Settings then Upgrade page. Press Reset to Factory Settings.
- Press OK to continue, press Cancel to quit. During the reset period, please DO NOT power off the device. Otherwise, it may cause damage to your device. The whole process may take a few minutes. Please wait. After that, the device will back to factory default.
Resetting your Yealink via your phone.
- Press Menu Softkey.
- Go to Settings—Advanced UI, input password to enter.
- Select Reset to Factory option. The LCD screen will prompt with: Warning, Reset to Factory Setting. Press OK to continue. Or long-press the “OK” button about 5s in idle status.
- Note: For a CP960 phone, long press the HOME button about 20s.
- For any of the following phones – T56A/T57W/T58A/T58V/VP59/T49G – Long press the Redial button about 5 s in idle status.
Enabling Wi-Fi on Yealink SIP-T54W IP Phone
These instructions apply to all Yealink wireless-capable phones:
- Go to Menu > Basic > Wi-Fi (On Yealink T53, go to Menu > Settings > Basic Settings > Wi-Fi)
- Choose Available Network
- Choose Your Network
- Enter the Wi-Fi Password
- Choose Save