Click on the topic of your choice below to jump to that place in this ACD Queues guide.
ACD Queues in Dash include Agents and Agent Admins. Both Agents and Agent Admins will have completely unique logins and actually cost less than a typical user on your account because their access is restricted to the queue(s) they belong to. Both Agents and Agent Admins are created by an administrator on your account. Unlike an Agent, an Agent Admin can create, delete, and edit queues. If needed, an Agent Admin may also log into queues to take calls.
- From the Dashboard, click on Agents in the left menu.
- Select “add new agent”.
- Give the agent a name and an email address that is not currently in use on the account. If an individual is already a user on your account, their email must be different for the queue. Please also note that agents and users can’t share devices – so a separate device will be needed for that agent.
- After the agent is created you may add one device to that agent. The device must be a SIP device or Softphone App. Agents cannot use call forwarding to cell phones or landlines. Please refer to our guide on adding VoIP devices for help.
Adding a Queue
- Once your agents have been setup, go to the upper right corner and hover over the dropdown menu to select Queues. Click on “Add New Queue”.
- You will be given the option to assign a phone number or an extension to the queue. If you would like to use a phone number, you may buy a new one at this point or choose from your spare numbers list.
- To make sure that you are not using a current extension number on your account when opting to use an extension number, you’ll be given the following search screen to see what is available. Once you have chosen your extension number click “select extension”.
- Now you’ll need to set the initial configuration of the queue. These option are not set in stone and can be changed after the queue is created. Here, you are given four options for queue routing strategies:
- Most Idle: This rings to whomever has not answered a call in the longest amount of time. Please note that if an agent logs in, they will become first in line. Marking an agent away will maintain their position in for their return.
- Round Robin: Distributes calls around as if your agents are in a circle. If someone logs in, they are slotted into the circle at a random position.
- Least Calls Offered: Adds an agent’s [Answered Calls + Missed Calls] and chooses the agent with the smallest number. If one or more agents [Answered Calls + Missed Calls] have the same number, round robin behavior initiates between those agents.
- Least Calls: Offers call to the agent with the least [Answered Calls]. If that number is equal to another agent’s, round robin behavior initiates between those agents.
- Now that a queue is created, the next step is to add agents into the queue. Click on the queue to expose the dropdown.
- Next click on “Manage Agents”.
- Drag and drop the agent(s) from the available section to the selected section and save changes.
- Now your Agents will be able to use their login email and password to access the Queue interface, log in and out of the queue(s), mark themselves ready and away as needed.
Agent Login *20
To login to your call queue, press *20 then press send on your registered VoIP phone
Set Agent Ready *21
To change your status to Ready to receive calls, press *21 then press send on your registered VoIP phone
Set Agent Away *22
To change your status to Away, press *22 then press send on your registered VoIP phone
Agent Logout *23
To Logout out of your call queue, press *23 then press send on your registered VoIP phone
Advanced ACD Queues
Interested in ranking your agents by skill level? Or perhaps your Support Team is divided by escalation tiers? Our experts have experimented with all manner of queue options and are standing by to make your ACD Queues perfect for your needs. To get started, give our Sales Team a call at 888.825.0800, Option 1, email email@example.com, or chat with us live here!