- Hardened, co-located facility – Our servers and switchboards are stored in a multi-million dollar, secured facility devoted to the sole task of keeping necessary operations protected. All unnecessary processes have been stripped from our software and we are constantly updating with the most cutting edge security programs available.
- Redundant power and communication sources – Our secured facility maintains redundant sources of energy and data transfer. So even if the power grid or a telecommunication provider collapses, our system stays secure and keeps functioning. This is just part of the reason that we’re the only provider able to publicly state Five Nines (99.999%) uptime.
- Secured access only – Accessing our facility is serious business. Physical access to our datacenter requires a scheduled visit with entry allowed after successful key validation, handprint identification, and security checkpoint screening. We hold to a strict policy that only our senior operations officers are allowed.
- Part of the national infrastructure – The facility we use is part of the government protected network for technology and communication, and is subject to government regulation and oversight in addition to our own efforts. It also has full government support in the event that any attempt is made to breach security or reduce the capacity of the facility in any way.
Any communication stream between our datacenter, our headquarters, and you is treated with some of the strictest protocols available. As a result, any changes that you or our support team makes is never compromised.
- Firewalled network nodes – There is no way to get to our information without going through secured firewalls. There are no back doors, no loopholes, and no system processes that work around the network.
- Highest level of security used on each measure – We use the strictest security protocols available at every opportunity. We never run in a ‘more accessible’ mode that might run the risk of reducing security. We do everything short of encrypting every piece of data individually to make certain even the most remotely suspicious access is completely denied.
- Designed to protect against attacks – Our network design features multi-layer security to ensure that we block unauthorized access (hacking) attempts at the outset, and isolate and control distributed denial of service attacks. In addition our networks are partitioned to separate voice and data, so that an attack on one area has no effect on the other.
- Equally protected over copper and IP – Virtual PBX uses a variety of calls paths to answer and make calls, including traditional copper and IP connections between our carriers. We use multiple security techniques to insure that none of our traffic can be intercepted by someone other than our carriers. We don’t route any of our traffic through intermediary ISP’s, so there is no opportunity for anyone to intercept calls unless they have equipment installed in the carriers themselves, and this is regulated by the FCC. We filter all traffic to insure that it is impossible for us to send or receive traffic to or from any unknown carriers or individuals. We have designed our network so that our IP call traffic experiences a level of security equal to that of our copper PSTN connections.