Call Recording is your Steel Trap for Business
October 21st, 2014
We’ve all been there. Those times when you’re in a relationship with someone who remembers every little detail and nuance of your conversations. Sometimes we may THINK we recall the details, but this person never fails to blow our mind, or to blow away any argument we may be crafting with their uncanny memory, that is. Wouldn’t it be great if you could have the same pinpoint accuracy and flawless recall? You can.
Truth be told, you’re on your own with any nifty mnemonic technics that will help you track all of your relationship conversations, but with call recording from VirtualPBX, we can do that for your business.
VirtualPBX Call Recording is a feature available on all Anywhere and Office Plans we provide. Which is good, because call recording is a regulatory necessity for some industries and an added benefit that provides a competitive advantage for the rest. VirtualPBX’s call recording feature has a wide range of applications and features and is used for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Quality control of customer service or support departments’ conversations.
- Training new hires and continuing education of existing employees.
- Recording, cataloguing, sorting, and storing recorded calls as an augmentation to your accounts payable and accounts receivable departments’ bookkeeping
- Or just sharing your team’s successes and learning to strengthen their skillset and also empower them by giving them a stake in the greater team’s success.
Don’t let the opportunity to make meaningful improvements to your business pass you by. Call recording is way easier than you may have thought, it can be automated for any or all phone lines, and it can be initiated anytime mid-call with a simple command on your dial pad. Beginning a comprehensive call recording strategy will give your business a steel trap of a mind, and it’s way less unsettling than trying to do this in the personal realm.
Which VirtualPBX Plan
is Better for Me?
April 30th, 2014
With VirtualPBX, you’re not forced into a payment plan that doesn’t match your business. Most companies will find our flat rate plans will provide the most savings, and give the peace of mind that comes from knowing how much your bill will be each month, regardless of usage. Other businesses, usually those that don’t use the phone a lot, will benefit more from our usage based plans – why pay for unlimited use when your needs are low?
This is what most companies market as “unlimited”. There is never any such thing as “unlimited” in the telecom industry. Let’s just get this straight right up front. Carriers charge each other on a price per minute basis when they hand calls off to one another, so at some point in time that cost makes it down to the consumer. However, VirtualPBX doesn’t really push the “unlimited” as much as they push flat-rate. It’s a flat rate under normal business usage. Here’s what the flat-rate plan comes with:
- Anywhere from $39.99/mo down to $19.99/mo per user, depending on how many extensions are needed
- Unlimited free minutes for typical business use
- No charge for long distance any where in the continental US or Canada
- 1,000 minutes of toll-free included in every plan
- Most companies with typical phone use
- Employees who work in offices or home offices with broadband internet
Usage-based plans basically means you pay for only the minutes you use. This can be extremely useful if you don’t have that many inbound calls or make many outbound calls. You don’t need to pay a higher flat rate per extension because your overall usage is low compared to the average office.
- Prices start at just $9.99 per month
- Pay only for minutes used
- Unlimited users
- Same system features as the flat-rate plans because it’s the same system
- Toll-free is built into the plan minutes
- Companies with low phone use
- Employees on cell phones or land lines
Still not sure which plan is best for you? Not a problem. To help make it a little easier, we’ve put together a little calculator where you input the number of users that need an extension and the rough amount of minutes that they use each month for inbound and outbound calls.
Please click to learn more about the plan calculator.
So, bottom line is that VirtualPBX has the right plan for you. And even better is no matter which plan you choose, you can use the hardware VoIP phones with them, allowing you to cut all ties with your land line and traditional carriers. This could save you a lot of money. And that’s why VirtualPBX is doing what they’re doing.
Three More Ways to Use Virtual PBX
February 8th, 2012
Create Podcasts – Podcasts are basically audio recordings that can be posted online and downloaded by anyone. Today, more and more businesses and individuals are choosing to communicate via podcasts as an alternative to radio and blogs. Unlike radio and T.V., podcasts are free to subscribe to and create. Interested in creating your own podcast?
Lucky for you, Virtual PBX makes it easy for you to record your own podcast right from your phone. Simply use Virtual PBX’s call recording feature to record an interview, discussion or anything else you want to share with the world. Every Virtual PBX system includes call recording at no added cost. In addition, the call recording feature is greatly customizable and easy to use. Every user with a Virtual PBX extension can record all calls automatically or select calls to record manually by simply pushing #9 during a call.
Have an alternate number – While having a single incoming business number gives your business a unified presence, it can often be very useful to have multiple incoming business numbers. In fact, every Virtual PBX plan can have an unlimited amount of phone numbers as part of the system.
Anyone can benefit from having multiple phone numbers. Let’s say, for example, you want to use one group of employees to answer phone calls for several different business identities. Virtual PBX can answer calls with different greetings on each incoming line and then route the calls to those employees. A preview announcement indicates which business identity was called, so the employee can answer correctly.
Another popular use for multiple numbers is to track response to marketing campaigns. Each advertisement or other marketing activity can include a different telephone number for prospects to get more information. Tracking the incoming activity on each phone number gives a real-time indication of which marketing activity is generating the most calls.
Get a soft phone – Every Virtual PBX system includes VoIP Anywhere technology, which can turn your cellular phone or computer into a full-featured Virtual PBX VoIP phone. Using VoIP phones with your Virtual PBX system adds great new features like direct extension to extension dialing.
Do you want to keep your personal cell phone number private? When you dial out using a softphone registered to VPBX, the caller ID you send is your Virtual PBX number, not your personal cell phone number.
In addition, by making calls through your Virtual PBX system, you can avoid roaming charges. With VoIP Anywhere, you can make calls from around the world through your softphone and Wi-Fi connection, getting U.S. dial tone for free. Don’t waste your money on costly international roaming fees. Call Virtual PBX today and save yourself some hard earned cash.
Are You Ready for 2012?
January 11th, 2012
5 ways to start the New Year right
With the end of 2011 at our heels, it is time to look ahead to 2012. Focus on setting your goals and putting plans is place to achieve them. Need some help? Here are five ways Virtual PBX can help you start the new year with a bang.
- Examine your History – One great way a business can plan ahead for the New Year is to look at data collected from the previous year. Use you Virtual PBX reports to analyze your call stats from 2011 to help you staff more appropriately. Run a Call arrival Pattern Report to see what times of day you took the most calls. This report will clearly show you peaks and valleys in call traffic. This way you know what hours and in which queues to staff more representative.
- Use Call Recording to Monitor Agent Effectiveness – Using free call recording, managers are able to ensure rules are being followed, representatives are giving the best possible customer service, and customers are given accurate information. You can also use the call recording feature to train new employees.
- Save Money by using VoIP Phones and Soft Phones – There is never a bad time to save money so why not start saving this year. With Virtual PBX Complete, most companies will save between 40% and 80% on monthly phone costs. Use our VoIP phone service with a VoIP phone or soft phone and stop paying for expensive analog phone lines.
- Improve your Greetings – The main greeting is the first thing a caller hears when calling your number. This greeting should welcome callers and direct them to your departments and information. With Virtual PBX, there are multiple ways to customize your main greeting and make your small business sound like a big company. For instance, you can create different daytime and nighttime greetings and use our Day/Night scheduler to switch between them automatically.
- Keep up with the Latest Virtual PBX News and Offers – Make sure to check out our Virtual PBX Facebook page to hear first about news, new products and special offers. In addition, read tips to help you grow your business and connect with other business owners.
Is Your Business Changing? Virtual PBX Can Change With You
June 28th, 2011
Virtual PBX’s hosted phone service is flexible and quickly adapts to the changing needs of your growing business. Easily scalable and constantly updated with new features, Virtual PBX will keep up with your business no matter how fast you change.
With traditional PBX’s, everything must be installed and maintained by on-site IT staff and for a growing business this can get very expensive, both in terms of dollars and time.
With Virtual PBX you can easily add or remove extensions and ACD Queues, switch plans, add Voip phones and make many other changes whenever you need to – and for a fraction of the price! Everything is in your control.
Virtual PBX also makes it easy for customers to configure the system to meet their changing needs with a simple user interface. Add a new phone number for that new ad you’re placing in the new magazine, update your main greeting with your new business hours, or route calls to a new employee, all with the click of a button.
Monitor and train new employees with Virtual PBX’s real-time web monitors and call recording. Keep an eye on when they are logged in and out of ACD queues, when they are receiving calls, as well as when they are marked unavailable. Also, ensure they are giving the best phone customer service by using free call recording. You can also use the call recording feature to train new employees.
Use free conference minutes to communicate with employees and customers virtually anywhere in the world. For ultimate flexibility, each extension owner can have a conference call going on at the same time.
With Virtual PBX you will always have multiple ways to connect with employees, customers, and vendors whenever and wherever your business takes you.
Virtual PBX Adds VoIP Phones and New Flat-Rate Plans!
February 25th, 2011
Virtual PBX Adds Hardware VoIP Phone Support
The time has come — Virtual PBX, provider of the no-compromise business phone system, announced support for hardware VoIP Phones along with new flat-rate plans, fortifying their lineup of industry-leading plans and services. With this, Virtual PBX now controls the phone call from the inbound phone number ALL the way down to the phone on the desktop. You can now have a truly complete phone system integrating phone numbers, free long distance and IP phones into one cost-effective solution.
We now offer two award winning plans from which you, the customer, can choose: the new flat-rate plans and the original usage-based plans. Even better, you don’t have to be on the flat-rate plans to use the VoIP phones – we’ve set up the system to support the phones on either plan. So feel free to pick the plan that works best for you and your business, and also decide how you would like the system to reach you. You can be contacted through the VoIP phone(s) and/or contact phone numbers via a landline or cell phone. The freedom to choose is in your hands.
We also offer you the freedom to save! With Virtual PBX you can simplify your life and your budget by cutting the ties with your landline carrier. There is really no need for a landline anymore seeing as how you can make and receive phone calls using a VoIP phone and your Virtual PBX service. So go on ahead and save that money each month with Virtual PBX Complete. With our phone service you can enjoy a savings of anywhere from 40-80% in traditional phone system and landline costs – that is a huge savings! Given that telecom costs are a major expense in everyday business, Virtual PBX provides business communication that is affordable, easy and accessible from wherever you need to be with a low monthly fee and no contracts or setup costs!
Please see the plan details below and save money with the plan suited for you:
These are your traditional “unlimited” plans that so many companies try to market. However, Virtual PBX does it right as there is a fair-use policy in place (much like every other VoIP phone service out there) that allows 5,000 minutes of inbound minutes per extension, aggregated at the account level. So a 5-user system would include upwards of 25,000 inbound local minutes. That’s amazing. Most companies won’t touch that. Yet, they can have this system for around $150 per month, and that already includes the e911 fees, Federal and FCC taxes. The flat-rate plans are as follows:
- 1-User: $39.99/mo
- 4-User: $23.99/mo/ext
- 10-User: $21.99/mo/ext
- 20-User: $19.99/mo/ext
- 50-User: $19.99/mo/ext
- Extra Extensions: $24.99/mo
These plans are what Virtual PBX used to pioneer the hosted phone service market. On these original plans you only pay for the minutes used each month. As the plans go up, you receive a larger block of free minutes and the price for additional minutes becomes cheaper. These plans come with unlimited users and all the same features as the flat-rate plans. Virtual PBX has the following usage-based plans:
- VPBX-5: $9.99/mo (300 minutes, extra minutes are 6.5 cents/min)
- VPBX-10: $24.99/mo (600 minutes, extra minutes are 5.8 cents/min)
- VPBX-20: $44.99/mo (1,000 minutes, extra minutes are 4.7 cents/min)
- VPBX-50: $94.99/mo (2,500 minutes, extra minutes are 4.4 cents/min
Virtual PBX now supports hardware VoIP phones connected to the service. This is a superb addition as now you can make phone calls and show your Virtual PBX caller ID on every outbound call. And you don’t have to use a cellphone or landline to make that outbound call. All you need is an Internet connection. Virtual PBX sells the following phones that arrive pre-configured and ready for use:
- Polycom SoundPoint IP 321: $99.99 (single ethernet port)
- Polycom SoundPoint IP 335: $139.99 (ethernet pass-through port; backlit display)
- Polycom SoundStation IP 5000: $599.99 (conference phone)
With Virtual PBX there is no need to get phones from one provider, calling plans from another, and features from somewhere else. Get it all in one place. If you are looking for a complete, no-compromise business VoIP solution for your business, Virtual PBX is the answer.